Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
No one wants to arrive back home after a long day at work to discover a pipe break leaving significant water damage on the flooring, walls, or ceiling. SERVPRO of East Arlington is the water restoration company you can trust. First, you want to ensure your home is safe from potential electrical and slip and fall hazards caused by the water damage. The team can enter right away upon arrival to ensure it is safe. Dealing with a water loss can be stressful, but let the team at SERVPRO of East Arlington take the stress and be there to help you and your family anytime, 24/7.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (682) 708-1001
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.